Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pixma Pro100 Problems with media type and color correction

Hi All, 

I am printing vector designs from Ilustrator CS6 (color settings Adobe RGB 1998 and Perceptual). I have tried several configurations but I am not satified with the results. In my tests I have used Photo Paper Pro Luster and Canon Plus Semiglos SG 201 and I have encountered the same problems. 

Below I list the configurations I tested

- Media type Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Quality High, Color correction None --> The amount the ink is perfect, the colors are vivid but differ a lot with respect to the ones I see in my screen. 

Media type Photo Paper Pro Luster, Quality High, Color correction None --> The amount the ink is perfect, the colors are vivid but differ a lot with respect to the ones I see in my screen. 

- Media type Plain paper, Quality High, Color correction Driver matching --> The colors are washed out but are closer than the ones displayed in the screen. 

I am wondering what can I do to produce vivid colors as when I choose media type Photo Paper but have precise colors as when I choose Plain paper. Any suggestions are welcome.