cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100S 5x7 borderless not printing to full sheet

Zelaphas
Contributor

Hello, I've scoured the forums here for similar issues but can't quite figure out mine.

Device: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3

Software: Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 20.0.3 + Print Studio Pro plugin

Printer: Canon Pixma Pro-100S

Paper: 5x7" Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II

I am printing wirelessly. I believe I have the correct settings, as I'm NOT using the "bonjour" method but the actual Canon one.

I am attempting to print a 5x7" image (I've cropped to ensure it's that size) on a 5x7" Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II sheet.

PSPlayoutsettings.png

Above are my layout settings. As you can see in both the preview and the settings, it is borderless. I've also tried using the official borderless settings (which "zooms in" on the image slightly) and had the same results.

5x7PrintingResults.jpg

Above is the print result. The right side of the image is left unprinted on, and the bottom has weird color fill with the bottom colors of the image.

I've done two tests so far with similar results and I'm hoping not to waste more ink or sheets before I have this figured out or a closer idea.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Zelaphas,

I see from the picture that custom is selected. There should be a 5x7 paper option for you Pro-100. I recommend changing the paper size from Custom to 5x7 and deselect fit to page.

If this does not resolve the issue, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Under "print settings," the 5x7" option for the paper size is and was already selected.

I'm having the exact same issue so I'm quite keen to see this one asnwered. Right down to it bein 5x7

20190219_195250.jpg

roses.JPG

Haven't fixed it yet, but changing the layout mode to borderless makes the random color sides *smaller* but doesn't make them go away. 

Fixed the issue: I was using print studio pro plugin, if your image has multiple layers it creates garbage data. So in my case, i imported a flat image on to its own layer, but I still had the default photoshop layer under it. So once I flatted everything into a single layer, it prints no problem!

I've tried using a single layer and using file > print instead of print studio plugin. I'm not getting a thin white unprinted line along one edge, exactly like the example you uploaded. This is better than my first print run but still a problem as I'm hoping to use the full 5x7" space.

I've tried everything, including setting the scale of the print area to be greater than 100% to try to overprint, but there's still a thin line along one edge that doesn't get printed on.

Announcements