cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 printing small black dots on white and not printing consistent/ full dark masses

mannaswar49
Apprentice

Hello Canon Community!

Hoping you all can provide some assistance. I have a 1 year old Pixma Pro 100 that has recently started printing black dots (about the size of a pen tip) on the white space of my prints. Also if I am printing a mass of black or darker color it wil leave about the same size pock marks of white within the dark space. I have tried running all the standard cleanings, replacing the print cartridges and gently blowing dust out of the printer with a can of air. Nothing seems to improve the situation. 

Curious if anyone has had anything similar and what the fix might have been?

Thanks so much!

Amanda 

3 REPLIES 3

xrischan
Contributor

Hi.

What media do you print on the most? Is it dusty or fibrous?

I have these problems when using canvas or Fine Art media. The fiber tends to clog up any wipers then spits out across the page.

Thank you for your reply! I print mostly on 60 lb gloss cardstock. So it's not fiberous. But perhaps to your point, it's just dust? Do you have any tips for cleaning fibers or dust out of the printer? I am not familiar with where the "wipers" are located. 

Thanks so much! 

xrischan
Contributor
I'm not familiar with your printer. But dust normally Clogs up as the head passes to the cleaners side (wipers)
Announcements