cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 printing black lines on leading edge of photo

PJ_Bark
Apprentice

I'm getting black smeared lines on the outer edges of the leading end of the page when printing on photo paper only.  when I do a test page on regular paper it comes out fine. see the (cell phone sorry!) images below. It shows up on both sides. I've cleaned the printheads and the test pattern is fine.  There was black ink on the sponge that I soaked up with a paper towel, but it didn't seem to make a difference.  I pulled the black cartridge and it doesn't seem to be leaking. What next? It looks like black only... Help! I sell images in studio from this printer!

IMG-2129.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't print borderless but cleaning the rollers did the trick! thank you! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Perform a roller cleaning in the printer driver maintenance section.

Do you print borderless images?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't print borderless but cleaning the rollers did the trick! thank you! 

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PJ_Bark,

I would agree with jrhoffman75 and we look forward to your reply.

I also wanted to let you know that if this is a time sensitive issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) so we can troubleshoot your issue in real time.

They're back! I've now cleaned the bottom plate 7 times and still see ghosts on the cleaning sheets. Guess I'll keep feed it through until it comes out clean?!?

so, cleaned the bottom plate, opened it up and was cleaning the the bottom plate with q-tip and alcohol per instructions.  However, the sponge across the bottom has 4 areas with pronounced vertical bars that are super saturated with ink.  I've tried soaking it up with a paper towel and had some success. I don't print borderless: only 8x10 on 81/2 x 11 and 11x17 on 13x19.  The bars at the center and left of the first image and center of the second image. IMG-2166.JPG

[Removed second image as serial number was visible]

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. That shouldn’t be happening b
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements