cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - fades out the last inch of every print

MichaelPuck
Contributor

My Pixma Pro 100 has recently started with fading out the last inch or so of every picture that I am printing. Size doesn't seem to matter. It does it at 8x10 and 12x16.  It almost looks as if the ink is running out, but I have replaced all cartridges and I still have the same problem. How can I fix this. Thx! Michael  IMG_0945.JPG  

7 REPLIES 7

MichaelPuck
Contributor
I am using OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Stephen

Hi MichaelPuck!

Thanks for reaching out, we're happy to help! 

So we can fully understand what's going on, we'll need a tad more information. What software are you using to print your photos? Have you updated your Canon software and drivers to the most recent version from our site? If not, you can grab it HERE. Are you using genuine Canon ink? What paper are you using?

Thanks in advance for the extra info! 

I am printing out of Lightroom 5. I have been using LR 5 for the last 2+ year and this issue has just started.  I have updated the  Canon software and drivers earlier today. I am using genuine Canon ink and paper (SG-201).  Hope this helps. Thx! Michael  

Printing from Manual or Rear Tray?

Do you perhaps have Prevent Head Abrasion enabled?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, I am printing from the Rear Tray? As far as the head abrasion is concerned, I don't know where I would turn that on or off.  Thx! Michael  

Hi Stephen, 

I have provided the additional information you request on 5/30, but have not received any further feedback. The printer is useless for me until this issue can be resolved. If you cannot help, please point me in the right direction.  Thx! Michael  

Give Canon a call directly at 1-800-OK-CANON Michael. I have always found them very helpful.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements