cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 - Sudden clogging of LGY and GY mid-print

lgloeckner
Contributor

A couple weeks ago, I had an issue with my old Canon Pixma Pro 100. I had people advise me that it was a bad printhead so I went out and bought another Canon Pixma Pro 100. Shame on me, but I bought it used because I'm low on cash these days. It had less than 100 prints done on it though.

Everything was fine though. I printed normal prints as recently as Friday. I didn't print for a couple of days though, then printed today and there were some streaks on the print. I did a nozzle check and the LGY was streaky, so I did cleanings and deep cleanings, but nothing was fixing it. I unplugged it and let it sit for most of the day. I plugged it back in tonight, did a nozzle check and everything looked good. I did a print and it looked great.

Then, I did a second print and it started great but the contrast faded from it midway through the print. I did a nozzle check and the LGY and GY results were completely BLANK on the check. Ugh! I did a cleaning and they showed some better results but were streaky. As a test, I did another print and, yup, it also had streaks in it.

I don't know why this is suddenly happening when everything was fine just a few days ago. Does anybody have ideas of fixes or am I dealing with another broken printhead? I run an Etsy shop where I sell art prints and have a bunch of orders that need to go out so this is starting to drive me a bit crazy haha.

3 REPLIES 3

Italianman
Contributor

Have you another tank to try? 
it happened in my old printer with original cartridge.  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Look closely at the top rear of your cartridges and see if perhaps the clear wrapper wasn't compltetly removed.

There is a little vent hole there and if the wrapper isn't completely removed the hole will be obstructed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ivycivyc
Apprentice

Same here, LGY printing blank, i've swapped cartridges (both were full btw), deep cleaned twice, and nothing works. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements