cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Jams - printing on fabric

oh2sew
Apprentice

I am trying to print on fabric - with the fabric adhered to wax paper.  I have tried this in the past and got a few pages to work.  However now, it either jams or tells me to insert the paper.  If I use the rear feed, the paper/fabric gets pulled in a couple of inches - but at an angle, then jams.  If I use the manual feed, it doesn't even recognize that the paper is there.  I get the message to insert the paper.

I was told by Canon that it could print on fabric ("it can print on about anything" is what I was told).  but now all I can print on is regular printer paper.

I have tried selecting Canvas, different papers, etc.  I've removed and reinstalled the driver and am using the USB port.  Nothing seems to work.

I purposely purchased this printer so the fabric would have a straight feed.

I am printing from a PDF file and am following the instructions given...  https://lindafranz.com/section/how-to-print-on-fabric/92  as well as https://thegraphicsfairy.com/print-fabric-freezer-paper-method-2/

Has anyone ever tried to print on fabric or have any suggestions I may try?

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you tried selecting Canvas as the media type?  It requires some additional steps that require opening some"trap doors"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I tried setting it to Canvas, but then it wouldn't let me do a custom size.  I need to be able to define custom sizes - whether it be manual or rear feed.  

I tried setting it to Canvas and doing a standard size, but it still jammed.

Hi oh2sew,

Are you still experiencing the paper feed issue?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

oh2sew
Apprentice
Yes. I am still trying to successfully print on fabric that has been adhered to freezer paper.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

On last thing to try - in the priner driver select "Prevent paper abrasion" option. But I am guessing if it didn't work on the Canvas setting it just isn't going to work.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

oh2sew
Apprentice
I will try that this weekend. The issue is in the initial feed. The printer tries to “grab” the fabric/paper and it starts to feed into the printer and then will jam. So it only feeds about an inch

Did you find out the solution? I've been trying to print on canvas photo paper on the Pixma Pro 100 manual feeding tray, but the printer doesn't seem to recognize there is paper there. The software keeps telling me to feed paper on the tray... I did't try to put the canvas on the "rear" tray, because I'm afraid it will jam.. 

Canvas photo paper (not real canvas) is just photo paper with a canvas like surface. The paper vendor should tell you the proper Canon paper type to use when printing. 

The manual feed feed tray is sometimes sensitive to detecting paper. Use one sheet at a time and try fidgeting with it. I have used both canvas paper and real canvas and they print fine with the Pro-100 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, John. Yesterday I was able to find a solution to print on canvas. I realized that, even though the software was telling me to load paper in the manual feeding tray, the ambar light on the printer was blinking 6 times in a row. According to canon manual, paper loading fault would make the light blink 2 times, not 6. By looking at the fault code sheet, I found out the solution, which is:

"Before you start printing on canvas paper, it is necessary to open the inner cover once. Open the inner cover, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer. When you start printing, close the inner cover, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer"

It's strange, but it worked for me. The inner cover is the one in the front. The one that has canon written on it. 

Announcements