cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Color Matching on iPad Pro

LaurenN
Contributor
We purchased this printer to use to create prints of drawings done in Adobe Draw on an iPad Pro. We did a test run, and the colors are super muted and don’t match the original drawing. We have both searched the forums, but we can only find directions for adjusting color in programs on a Mac or Windows system. We haven’t found any ways of adjusting (or even accessing) printer settings on the iPad. Hoping someone can help, as without being able to match the colors much more closely, this is not going to work for us. 😕

Thank you!!
36 REPLIES 36

I really appreciate your guidance here.  I am still struggling to get anything to cooperate with me...I downloaded the calibration image you suggested and when I went to print it, the print preview's colors looked pretty off from the image on the screen. I am inserting a screen capture of the print preview, so you can see how off the colors are.  Should I print it anyway and assume the colors will be true since the image has been calibrated, as you said?  I am also unable to install the Print Studio Pro plug-in, and I am feeling extremely frustrated. I am typically very tech-savvy, but this is not working out for me at all; this is beyond knowing how to use a computer or printer...it feels like this is needing an in-depth understanding of these programs and color adjusting just to get an image to print accurately, and I'm at a loss. Do people on this site ever communicate in a chat situation to walk people through things? I need some real-time help. Any suggestions? Thank you so much. 

Print Preview.png

Hi Lauren. 

First I recommend yes, print the image. The printed image is not affected by what you see on the display. Does the website preview of the image look good?

When you return tell me what software you are using to view the image.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I printed the image, and it looks similar to the screenshot I posted (which looked nothing like the vibrant photo I downloaded).  It's very dark, and I definitely don't want to eat the strawberries right off the page. LOL. I opened and printed it through Windows Photo Viewer, just because that's where it opened after I downloaded it, and I am having trouble navigating Lightroom. Again, through that program, the pic looked amazing, but the print does not.  

OK. You have Lightroom. Let me get to my computer and screenshot the settings you should be using. 

What photo paper(s) do you have?

I forget if I asked this. Have you printed a nozzle check?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank  you!  It's Lightroom Classic, if that matters.

LaurenN
Contributor
I have a canon paper sampler pack, 8 1/2 x 11. Includes Matte, Luster, and some others. I did the nozzle check with the rep from Canon and he said it seemed good.

OK.

I don't have Windows Photo Viewer on my computer, but I have Windows Photo.

It does not accurately display the preview, but not as poorly as yours.

Windows Photo.jpg

That is because those programs are not color managed and the test image is in a color space called ProPhoto.

Here are two LR screenshots showing the steps and setting you should try. Follow in sequence.

Step 3 in the second screenshot should be tailored to the paper and size you will be printing. I recommend you use Luster.

Lightroom 1.jpg

Lightroom 2.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you very much for going through the trouble of taking screenshots of those images for me. I am stuck in Lightroom on two things:  I cannot get this pic to be any larger than 4x6, no matter what paper size I set it to--I've tried to set it to 13x19, and the image just becomes a tiny box in the middle of the page (!!).  (But I also can't find a photo size setting within the actual program that's not a print setting). Also, I don't have many of the options you have in the print dialogue window.  (Also--will that off-white color print in the background if I print this pic as it is? It is being added as the background color on the other image I have been working on, though it should have no background color at all.)Print Preferences.JPGPrint Preferences.JPG

Printer settings 2.JPG

I will get you a screen shot for image size.

But first, the printer you have with WS is not using the Canon driver - it is a Microsoft driver with limited capability.

Do you see something like this if you go to Control Panel->Devices & printers?

Annotation 2020-06-07 184829.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

These is the only Canon showing up.  Do I need to download a different driver?

PrinterType.JPG

Announcements