cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10 & Pixma Pro 100 Printer Issues with Apple Sonoma 14.4.1 update

EdnaH01
Contributor

Print quality was beautiful and right on from Adobe LR classic Version 13.2 with Apple OS Ventura. All updated drivers for both printers were downloaded and installed. 1:30 a.m. trying to get prints ready for a client and everything was out of whack both for color and print sizes. The Canon ICC profiles were not available. I wasted a lot of ink and paper. Canon specific. I have an investment in ink for both printers and Canon photo paper stock as well. PLEASE CANON KEEP THE DRIVERS UP TO DATE!! 

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I just test printed using Pro-100, driver 16.80.0.0 and macOS 14.4.1 and it worked fine. Used Canon paper and MacBook Air M2 machine.

Try reinstalling driver and verify that you are not using the AirPrint version of the driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Specs for my iMac: Retina 5K/2020- Processor 3.8 GHz 8-Core i7-Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB-mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1

The Pixma Pro 10 is connected directly to the iMac via USB cable. Tried removing the printer and reinstalling the drivers. Rebooted the system. Still no luck. 2 story house here, will have to either take the iMac (in downstairs studio) upstairs or move the PRO-100 downstairs to connect direct via USB. Are you connecting directly to your MacBook Air via USB?

Connect to MacBook via Wi-Fi.

Does your info in Printers & Scanners look like this?

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 3.10.44 PM.pngAre you letting Printer manage color or LrC?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

EdnaH01
Contributor

Setting for PRO-10 directly connected via USB to iMac.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 3.45.58 PM.png

 LrC manages color and I select the ICC profile for the Canon paper that I am using. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I’m confused then. What is the problem? I thought you posted that profiles weren’t available. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The icc profiles are definitely not available in LR classic since I did the Sonoma update on the iMac. The printers are available, but no ICC profiles. The profiles are available on the MacBook Pro, but the color is still way off. The MacBook Pro has the latest update of Ventura. This is maddening. I am still trying to get back with the print quality that I was getting on the Pixma Pro 10 before these Apple updates. I primarily print from the iMac. I am going to try a USB connection with the MacBook Pro to the Pixma Pro 100. If that doesn't work, I am going to try on a PC. If that doesn't give good results, going to take the iMac to my local Apple hospital for an OS rollback.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe this: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180611

Or give Canon support a call.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

After much aggravation, I contacted my local certified Apple guru and she is going to do a roll-back of the OS. Response was "Canon printers are fussy and this was not the first time she had encountered printer driver issues on the Mac OS after an update". I have an investment in ink & paper for the the Pixma Pro 100 and the Pixma Pro 10 and seriously do not want to let it go. When the driver works as it should, the print results are excellent. At this point I have tried everything and have exhausted all of the "fixes" up to my level of expertise. 

EdnaH01
Contributor

Thank you so much for your assistance! These are great printers that render professional print quality when the OS and the drivers are in sync. Will definitely investigate that link.

Announcements