Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Photos printing blue instead of black

Okay, I seriously looked for hours and tried troubleshooting a million and one ways so now I need some help!
I have been trying to pint photos from light room to my Canon mp620b printer on glossy high quality paper. My problem is that when my photo prints, the real dark black areas are coming out either blue or cyan.

I cleaned my heads multiple times, I did some deep cleaning too, and then I switched out all my ink cartridges. I tried messing with my color profiles so only the printer decides and then only light room, still the same problem, I tried messing with the photo paper setting and none of the photo papers helped, and when I pick plain paper the printer prints the colors just fine but the quality is significantly decreased.

Mu nozzle check pattern is perfect too so I'm really lost at this point, any input would be great!

Thanks!
New Contributor

Re: Photos printing blue instead of black

Oh also! When printing from canons image garden the photo is very close color and quality wise but the extremely dark shadows are still cyan.
VIP

Your paper and ink selections have an enormous impact on how true colors and B&W reproduce in print. Finding the perfect combination of printer settings, paper, and ink can take some experimentation.  Using the paper and ink suggested by the Canon works best. I imagine you have a setting that will let you pull back the blue tint.

All or most all, 95%, desktop printers use all their cartridges to print black. That's right it uses all the color inks to make black. If you printed only black and never printed any color you would still run out of color ink. 

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Highlighted
VIP

Here is a great source for paper and info on how to print. Red River Paper.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.