cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Paper selection not available

melbernhardt
Apprentice

I have recently installed the Canon Pixma Pro 100 on my new MacBook.   When I attempt to change print settings, the options available to me are limited.

When I select "Photo Paper", on my former Mac, I would get a drop down list of specific types of photo paper.  I am only currently getting "Photo Paper" as the only option.

I believe I have the newest driver installed, as I download and installed today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is a two step process: 1. download and install the driver and 2. add the printer in System Preferences.

A frequent problem is that when one selects add the printer the first thing that shows up is the Apple AirPrint version of the printer; you do not want that. You need to be sure you select and add the IJ Series version of the printer; that could take several minutes to appear.

I recommend you go back to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the "+" icon to add the printer and wait for several minutes for the IJ Series version to appear. Then delete the AirPrint version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is a two step process: 1. download and install the driver and 2. add the printer in System Preferences.

A frequent problem is that when one selects add the printer the first thing that shows up is the Apple AirPrint version of the printer; you do not want that. You need to be sure you select and add the IJ Series version of the printer; that could take several minutes to appear.

I recommend you go back to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the "+" icon to add the printer and wait for several minutes for the IJ Series version to appear. Then delete the AirPrint version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

melbernhardt
Apprentice

Thank you so much for your great explanation.  I saw others that suggested + and the IJ version...which I never saw. Not until you recommended waiting for it to appear!  It showed up about 30 seconds after staring at the screen.  THANK YOU

Announcements