cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-4000 Purging Job Queue on Restart

pgt
Apprentice

Anyone know if there's a way to stop the waiting print jobs from being cleared when the printer power cycles? We have had, on occasion, a couple of errors which required a restart and after which, all pending print jobs are lost. This can be tricky to manage with our automated print submission system as we need to painstakingly work out what has actually printed, what was waiting and what hasn't been sent yet.

I have switched on the "Save first and print" setting under "Hard disk settings" but this doesn't appear to do what we want, or at least, I can't find where they are being saved. Any help would be appreciated.

As a side note, the error we are experiencing is EC17-2024(4801). The manual gives no indication as to what this might be, although I have narrowed it down as something to do with when the printer automatically switches to the second roll unit. Removing and reloading that roll stops the problem reoccuring.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

https://printcopy.info/?l=en&mod=erc&brand=Canon&model=iPF%20PRO%204000S&code=EC17%202024

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John!

Smiles85
Apprentice

Canon ImagePROGRAF TA-30 Purg Unit code EC31-2F1C (4801) What i did to solve this problem or error is that i remove the ink cartridges from the printer then i put it on and it reset and ask to replace the ink cartridges and error code disappear.

I think this happens sometimes when your MBK/BK or your other inks go to low when purging and air get in or something like that so you may have to try the above step.

At first i was trying it as the service manual said, but didn't work for me.

I hope this might help some with this problem.

So I've tried taking the ink cartridges out and did exactly what you said and is still showing the error code EC31-2F1C (4801). I've read on some other forums to try and clean the purge unit which i have done. Out of ideas on what sees to be the issue. Need this printer up and running asap. Again thanks for a new idea. Sad it didn't work

Thanks for joining the conversation, Elite5704!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements