cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-300 Error, stops midway and spits out paper

thebeansta
Apprentice

Hi, I recently got a new Canon ImagePROGRAF PRO-300.

It's my first printer. I made my first print on a 13x19 paper through the 'Professional Print & Layout' program - which successfully printed. I used a different paper, same size to print. Midway to my second print, it abrubtly stopped. I was prompt with an error on my PC that reads: 

"Error - Please check the printer's operation panel or the Remote UI."

A few minutes later, it spit my paper out, and only half was printed. 

I read a few post with people having the same error, but doesn't fit some of the problems I had. 

5 REPLIES 5

thebeansta
Apprentice

Just successfully printed the same 13x19 using the 2nd paper type. But just started printing another 13x19 with the 1st paper type and encountered the error again. Pretty frustrating as this feel such a waste of ink & paper 😞

What printing software?

Are you connected via WiFi?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm using the one that Canon recommends using that comes with the printer (Canon ImagePROGRAF PRO-300). It's called the "Professional Print & Layout"

I'm connected via wifi.

new_printer
Apprentice

Hey all, did you ever figure this out? I've had the exact same issue: the printer stops printing before finishing, and spits out the unfinished print a little later. I'm also using the Canon software, and a direct ethernet connection to the printer. The error list on the printer display shows no errors related to the problem. My printer is less than a week old and the problem happened twice out of only a couple dozen prints.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements