cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO 10 ink cartridges in North America not compatible with those from other countries??

lawrence
Contributor

I have just bought a PRO 10 printer, and a friend in asia has some spare full set of PGI 72 ink cartridges that he can send to me as gift.

Somehow and someone told me that the PGI 72 cartridges sold in Asia cannot be used on Pro 10 sold in North America because the chip set inside is different.

Can the Canon Professional double confirm here?   I personally do not believe, but just in case.  

If it is true, why Canon adopts the same product code for this printer in these two territories?  and what is the purpose of this?   The prices for those cartridges are not very much different between asia and north america as far as I know.

casual than casual
3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have never heard of this.  It desn't mean it isn't true but I doubt it.  Try them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Okay, so, below was what I have just got from Canon Canada.

so the two sets of cartridges are not compatible.

but why this silly strategy?

Dear Mr. Lawrence Cheung

Thank you for your E-mail inquiry regarding your PIXMA PRO-10.

The PIXMA PRO-10 sold in North America does not use the same ink cartridges as the PIXMA PRO-10 sold in Asia. The ink cartridges for the PIXMA PRO-10 sold in Asia is not available in North America. For this, we sincerely apologize.

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to email us or visit our customer support website at http://www.canon.ca 

Sincerely,

Sylvester
Technical Support Representative
Customer Information Centre
Canon Canada Inc.

casual than casual

Hi Lawrence!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements