cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Suddenly Printing Low Quality Photos

beckyann18
Contributor

I have owned the Pixma Pro-100 for several years and have been able to print beautiful photos from Picasa where the color and intensity is almost identical to what is showing on the monitor. I have not changed any of the original default settings, but now the quality of the colors I am getting in photos is washed out, the sky/water is mauve instead of blue, etc. I have performed all troubleshooting tasks (clean heads, etc.) and am using Canon brand ink and paper, but cannot seem to get a resolution to this problem. It has become so frustrating I have quit printing because I just seem to be wasting ink.

13 REPLIES 13

Will do; thanks!

nef
Apprentice

I am having a very similar issue. My Canon Pixma Pro 100 has been working fine for the last three years. Last week it started printing undersaturated, lower quality images. I use Canon paper, Canon ink, and am printing from the same files as before. I have not made any changes that I am aware of. I ran automatic and a manual print head alignment, nozzle check, and did a print head clean and deep clean just in case. The tests all look normal, but when I try to print my fine art prints the image quality is drasticly worse than I am used to. I have been trying to resolve this for days and have wasted a ton of expensive ink and fine art paper. Does anyone have suggestions of anything else to check or try?

Thank you!

What operating system are you using.

I haven't tried printing in the last two weeks, but I have read that a recent Microsoft update has been causing printing problems.

If you are on W10 try reinstalling the printer driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply. I do use W10 and did update a few days ago, however I haven't had the specific problems people are reporting. Incidentally I did reinstall the printer driver earlier today, which did not resolve the issue.

Announcements