cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 ICC profiles not showing up on Mac / LR

lisadesimone
Apprentice

Hi all. I know this has been asked MANY times and I've tried everything, but was hoping someone could help

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver for my Pixma Pro 100 five times and the ICC profiles for the Canon papers are still not showing up in Lightroom.

I am using a MacBook air with Catalina. 

I have looked in the library under colorsync and do not see the profiles anywhere

I just bought some new Canon paper and would like to use the correct ICC profiles to print from LR

I am about to throw my lapto into the river 🙂

thanks in advance 

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you haven't already done so, update to the latest printer driver:

Screenshot 2022-12-16 132857.jpg

Those are the correct profiles for LUster paper. 1/2 is for high quality. 3 is for standard quality. "1" is usually selected in the driver as a custom setting.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Snowy day here, so spending time on computer 🙂

1. It doesn't matter where they are and which ones you select. If you use third party paper, or a non-Adobe editing program, you would want the profiles to be in the MAc ColorSync Profiles folder.

2. Any paper other than one that is identified as Matte should be considered Glossy in Lightroom.

3. l,et's try this: download the following file: 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIYEVaNQBuYp2nUaWg?e=V9vDy4

It is a "calibrated" test print. Open it in LrC, select all your printing parameters and print it. Don't make any adjustments to the image regardless of how it may look on the screen.

4. How does the print look? If it doesn't look good as far as color and "brightness" there are printer issues that need to be taken care of. Strawberries should look yummy, kid's faces proper, yellow aspens, Arizona red rock - all memory colors. Can you see at least #14 and #250 squares at the bottom?

5. If the print looks good, but different from your monitor then the monitor needs to be adjusted.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Lucky for me it's snowing in your neck of the woods....Print looks VERY good...if I had any nits to pick, the print is just a tad darker than the monitor in terms of "brightness"..but just a tad.  Do you suggest turning my monitor brightness down a bit in the soft proof mode in LRC?

Since monitor is transmitted light it will seem brighter. The only time it could cause a problem is if you reduce exposure because you think the image is too bright. Won't hurt to reduce brightness a bit so they match better.

Do the colors look OK in the test print?

The Develop module in LrC isn't color managed, so the softproofing could look a little different.

When I switch soft proofing on/off the colors are slightly more subdued.

Soft ProofSoft ProofDisplayDisplay

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The test print looks great...color accuracy is good to my eyes. Only issue was with the "brightness"...again, just a tad bid darker on the print.  I wonder if I should apply the Print Adjustment slider in LRC upwards? I just printed an image at +10 and it still was a bit darker than the monitor.  I have a new Apple Studio Display monitor that I set to the factory calibration: Photography P3-D65. Lots of moving parts....and thnx again for your help.

If the print is darker than you want and the display looks good then adjust the printer output. If you like the print look, but it’s darker than the display reduce the display brightness. It’s important to make the determination in the viewing conditions that you prints will be generally seen in. Those conditions are not always the same as your workspace.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thnx again.

Announcements