cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for "Other Glossy Paper" for paper type on Pixma Pro 100 printer. Any ideas?

NLevine
Apprentice

I'm trying to print on Hahnemuhle Fine art paper and the tech at the company told me i needed to select "Other Glossy Paper" in the paper type along with the icc profile. I don't have that option. Just "auto select" "plain" and "photo" I also installed the latest print driver (it said it was successful although i don't know how to confirm that) and I am working on a Macbook pro with Monterey OS. Thank you for any ideas! would love to be able to make my own prints. As of now the prints look just awful. I haven't had any issues with my monitor calibration so i don't think it's that at all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If those are the only paper options you see I suspect that you have installed the Apple AirPrint version driver for the printer.

Go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the "+" icon to add a printer. Wait for the Canon IJ Series version of the printer to appear - it could take several minutes.

Note that installing the driver and adding a printer are two separate processes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If those are the only paper options you see I suspect that you have installed the Apple AirPrint version driver for the printer.

Go into System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the "+" icon to add a printer. Wait for the Canon IJ Series version of the printer to appear - it could take several minutes.

Note that installing the driver and adding a printer are two separate processes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements