cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PIXMA PRO-100 owner needs advice

UNIVACCP642B
Contributor

After my i860 passed away a couple months back, I struggled to find a replacement. I settled on the PRO-100.

Picked one up a couple weeks ago and finally installed it today.

With regards to the drivers:

I ran the Mini Master Setup as downloaded from Canon just yesterday. I also installed the XPS driver for my Windows 7 systems. Should I also install the version 1.02 driver, or was that already installed by the 1.1 version of the Mini Master Setup program?

Windows XP 32 bit cannot use the 16-bit XPS printer drivers?

Is it common for the printers to have generic Control Panel icons? I've seen the proper icon appear in other setups, but most of mine have used generic icons, instead.

With regards to firmware:

I have the 1.100 updater, but do I need it?

With regards to the included software:

Where should I have installed the ICC profiles?

What will I need to install should I wish to print onto CD/DVD media? There are two programs that include the feature; I assume I need only one?

I'm a long time Corel user. Are there plugins for the Corel Creative Suite?

With regards to paper:

Locally, I'll only be able to find Staples branded 13 x 19 paper, and none of the Canon Luster papers. What's a good online source for paper?

Thanks to anyone with the time to offer a little guidance!

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The installer should have installed the correct driver for which ever OS you are running.

If you don't have the latest firmware version, I would get it. I guess I need to check mine and see f I do too!

You don't need anything extra for DVD's. The printer knows when you put the tray in and the Canon Suite will do the rest.

If I understood most (maybe not) of your questions!Smiley Wink

I always recommend anyone use genuine Canon products. It just makes it work better with less frustrations. Canon knows what works best with their printers. And real Canon branded paper can be bought directly from the Canon Store and it is on sale sometimes. You can get it from Adorama or B&H Photo, too. Plus there is a store called Red River that has some great "art" papers and one of a very few non-Canon places I get paper from. They have extended profiles for their paper and the Pro-100.

But never, never buy third party inks. USE ONLY CANON branded ink.

Sorry but I am not a Corel Creative Suite user so I have no answer. I use Photoshop CS6 and Light Room 5 and the printer works seamlessly with these Adobe products. I would encourage you to check out Light Room 5 if you are having problems with the Corel Creative Suite.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi UNIVACCP642B,

To add to what ebiggs1 wrote:

• On Windows 7, the color profiles are stored in :\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color.  When you installed the drivers, the color profiles for the vast majority of Canon paper will automatically be added to this folder and associated with your applications in the registry.  To add additional profiles, right click on the profile and select "Install Profile".  I recommend installing profiles and not simply dropping and dragging them to the folder.

• At this time, we have a plugin available for Photoshop only (Print Studio Pro).   You can also use the bundled My Image Garden software if you are not satisfied with the results from Corel.  But I'm sure you will get stunning results from any application you print from!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements