cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink blotches and dings on the corner of prints Canon Pro 1000

GeorgeZip
Apprentice

Hello. First post here. 

I just got the Canon Pro 1000. Awesome printer. Just set it up today and getting the feel of it. 

I have only printed a handfull of images but I have run into a probelm. 

The problem is that the paper on the corners is getting small ink marks on the corners and leading edge. Also it is getting slightly "dinged" with the corners getting bent. 

The paper in the photos is A3 Hahbemule 308 gsn Smooth Cotton Rag.

I also printed on some cheap A4 gloss. Also getting damage to the paper same as the above mentioned A3 paper. The gloss does not seem to have any inkstains on it. 

I am new to home printing, in the past I outsourced all my prints. untitled-2.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you untitled-3.jpguntitled-1.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check if your paper has any warp in it. You can set the printer to avoid paper abrasion; it will raise the printhead slighly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI GeorgeZip,

Please click HERE for some tips thats may help you with ink marks and "dinged" corners.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check if your paper has any warp in it. You can set the printer to avoid paper abrasion; it will raise the printhead slighly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI GeorgeZip,

Please click HERE for some tips thats may help you with ink marks and "dinged" corners.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am also having this same issue and tried the recommend fixes to no avail.

GeorgeZip
Apprentice

Thank you both

Announcements