cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 print dialogue box missing options

sueb500
Apprentice

My print dialogue box doesn’t show all the options.  I don’t have any color options and the Quality Media setting is different - it doesn’t have media type listed. The show details box is activated.  I’m using a Mac book pro running Monterey 12.6 and printing from Light Room Classic. I think I’m missing a setting somewhere that needs to be changed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sueb500! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you do not have access to some of the print settings (color and media) for your imagePROGRAF PRO-300.

There may be an issue with the CUPS Printer Driver that is installed on your computer. It’s also possible that your computer is not using the CUPS Printer driver properly. For that reason, I recommend reinstalling the driver, deleting the printer, and adding a new copy.

To install/reinstall the driver, please follow these instructions:

1. Visit the following website on your computer:
    https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageprograf-pro-300
  2. Click on the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS icon to the right of the photo of your printer.
  3. Make sure that the website is detecting the correct version of Mac under Downloads. You should see Mac under Operating System and macOS 12 under Version.
  4. Click on the DOWNLOAD box to the right of the PRO-300 CUPS PRINTER DRIVER (listed under the black RECOMMENDED box.
  5. When the file finishes downloading, open it.
  6. Double-click on the icon that looks like a cardboard box.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish installing the driver.

When the driver has finished installing, please delete the printer by doing the following:

1. Close Lightroom or any other programs that are open.
  2. If the printer is connected to your computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable and leave it disconnected. If it is connected to the network, go to step 3.
  3. Click on the Apple icon located in the bar at the very top of your computer screen.
  4. Select SYSTEM PREFERENCES from the menu that drops down.
  5. Open the PRINTERS & SCANNERS window.
  6. Single-click on the PRO-300 listed on the left side of the window.
  7. Click on the MINUS (-) button next to the box that shows the list of printers (on the left side of the window).
  8. Follow the instructions to delete the printer.
  9. If there are other copies of the PRO-300 on the list, please delete them using steps 5-7.

When the printer is no longer listed, please add a new copy using these instructions:

1. If you are using a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer, connect the cable. If not, go to step 2.
  2. Click on the PLUS (+) button next to the box that shows the list of printers (on the left side of the Printers & Scanners window).
  3. When the Add window opens, wait a few minutes for the printer to pop up. It should eventually pop up more than once.
  4. Click on the PRO-300 that is listed next to Canon IJ Network (see the following article for an illustration).
    https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164229
  5. Click on the Add button.

After you follow these steps, you should have all the print options available when you go to print.

Please post again should you continue to need help.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sueb500! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you do not have access to some of the print settings (color and media) for your imagePROGRAF PRO-300.

There may be an issue with the CUPS Printer Driver that is installed on your computer. It’s also possible that your computer is not using the CUPS Printer driver properly. For that reason, I recommend reinstalling the driver, deleting the printer, and adding a new copy.

To install/reinstall the driver, please follow these instructions:

1. Visit the following website on your computer:
    https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageprograf-pro-300
  2. Click on the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS icon to the right of the photo of your printer.
  3. Make sure that the website is detecting the correct version of Mac under Downloads. You should see Mac under Operating System and macOS 12 under Version.
  4. Click on the DOWNLOAD box to the right of the PRO-300 CUPS PRINTER DRIVER (listed under the black RECOMMENDED box.
  5. When the file finishes downloading, open it.
  6. Double-click on the icon that looks like a cardboard box.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish installing the driver.

When the driver has finished installing, please delete the printer by doing the following:

1. Close Lightroom or any other programs that are open.
  2. If the printer is connected to your computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable and leave it disconnected. If it is connected to the network, go to step 3.
  3. Click on the Apple icon located in the bar at the very top of your computer screen.
  4. Select SYSTEM PREFERENCES from the menu that drops down.
  5. Open the PRINTERS & SCANNERS window.
  6. Single-click on the PRO-300 listed on the left side of the window.
  7. Click on the MINUS (-) button next to the box that shows the list of printers (on the left side of the window).
  8. Follow the instructions to delete the printer.
  9. If there are other copies of the PRO-300 on the list, please delete them using steps 5-7.

When the printer is no longer listed, please add a new copy using these instructions:

1. If you are using a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer, connect the cable. If not, go to step 2.
  2. Click on the PLUS (+) button next to the box that shows the list of printers (on the left side of the Printers & Scanners window).
  3. When the Add window opens, wait a few minutes for the printer to pop up. It should eventually pop up more than once.
  4. Click on the PRO-300 that is listed next to Canon IJ Network (see the following article for an illustration).
    https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164229
  5. Click on the Add button.

After you follow these steps, you should have all the print options available when you go to print.

Please post again should you continue to need help.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

Thank you so much!!!!!  It worked!!!!!!

I am on a Macbook Pro M1 running Sanoma 14.1.1. Having the following issue:

I updated the print driver to ver 26.10. After updating, some printer options went away (like color management), so I removed my printer as you suggested above, but the issue remains.

When I uninstall/reinstall the printer, it uses an Airprint driver ver 3.0. I don't see how to select another driver.

Thanks for your help!

RESOLVED after more sleuthing. Found this resolution:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180492

dschriber
Contributor

I have the same problem that I have not ticed until trying to use a non-Canon paper. Items are missing from LCD panel menus on the printer, I am running OS Ventura, Lightroom Classic.

Thanks

Hi,

Go into printers and scanners on your Mac and remove the printer. Once that is done, add the printer back and make sure AirPrint is not select for the driver. 

Once the printer is added back on, check for the printer or Lightroom again. If you are missing paper profiles from third parties, then click HERE and you will want to download/install the PRO-300 ICC Profile for Supporting the Other Companies file. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements