cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I have Luster paper but select matte in media type do I get different result

Itsallaboutp
Enthusiast

I have a digital painting and the luster paper seems like its more for photgraphy.  If I selected matte will I get different results for my drawing? I need to know best setting for this situation. I am still looking for the right paper for Artwork. 

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, Itsallaboutp!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Canon pro 100 iMac Mac OS 10.11 Canon print studio pro through photoshop

Matte paper is nice for art work. Selecting Matte media type but using luster paper most likely won't give good results, but it only costs you one sheet of paper to try it.

You can try different papers and see which one you like. Red River paper offers a sample pack with a number of their papers. Canon used to offer a sampler but they don't anymore.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Itsallaboutp
Enthusiast
Thanks I have ordered the red river sample pack.

Mske sure you read and understand how the printer works and how to use PS.  From your posts I have my doubts. Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Itsallaboutp
Enthusiast
I figured it out

Red River is a great company.  They have a wealth of info on Canon printers on their web site.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements