Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

ICC profiles not showing up on Mac / LR

Hi all. I know this has been asked MANY times and I've tried everything, but was hoping someone could help

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver for my Pixma Pro 100 five times and the ICC profiles for the Canon papers are still not showing up in Lightroom.

I am using a MacBook air with Catalina. 

I have looked in the library under colorsync and do not see the profiles anywhere

I just bought some new Canon paper and would like to use the correct ICC profiles to print from LR

I am about to throw my lapto into the river :-)

thanks in advance 

Honored Contributor

Re: ICC profiles not showing up on Mac / LR

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forum. 

When you look in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the AirPrint version of the printer or the IJ Series version?  You do not want the AirPrint version. 

In Lightroom you won't see the profiles until you add them via a check mark. Select "Other" in the profile drop down. 

F811A9A4-FBCE-47D9-9DF7-34F3F719324E.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Well, of courese when I did that 4x before it didn't work, but this time it did! One other question though...

the two papers I purcahsed are Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101) and Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte (PM-101), but none of these profiles match exactly. Any idea which is which?

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 6.26.09 PM.png

Honored Contributor

LU ½ is luster

PMN ⅔ is the matte
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

New Contributor

thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

Something i recommend is softproofing in Lightroom.

The image displayed in LR is in the ProPhoto color space - it doesn't reflect how the image will show when printed.

When you softproof LR will display the image, as best as it can, how it will look on a particular paper. then you canm fine tune your adjustments to get the image you want.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 193306.jpg 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH