cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new Pro-100, the color is red/magenta

GreggBarckholtz
Contributor

I have a new Pro-100, the color is consistently red/magenta, I have used both canon luster and semigloss papers and matching profiles.

I have made the same exact print on my Epson with perfect results, same paper, today

I have the ICC profiles, I am letting Photoshop do the color.

Thanks Gregg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called Canon direct and got a wonderful tech person that helped me go through the whole process and I have a good foundatrion for using PSP, lots of littler drop downs and custom features.

Thank you all for helping out.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

I redid my instalationof the ICC profiles for the pro-100 from HAHNEMUHLE for my Hahnemuhle papers I use, following the directions from Red River, still they do not show up when I go to print from PSP.

Sorry this is taking a lot of your time and patients.

Thank YOU

It works for me. They should show up in the Printer Profile dropdown.

I'll post a screen shot.

Are you using PSP 2.0.0?

Print_Studio_Pro.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

On my form at the top it asks for media type, I thought that was the paper.......
But like you pointed out if I go to printer profile, the paper options comes up.
It does not over ride the media type choice from the top of the window???

Without your help I would have given up! Thank YOU

OK the color is great! But why does it not print to the 8x10 the print was cropped in photoshop.

Now when I look at the preview I can see, just like it printed that it is not 8x10.

"

OK the color is great! But why does it not print to the 8x10 the print was cropped in photoshop.

Now when I look at the preview I can see, just like it printed that it is not 8x10."

When you print using PSP you bypass the Photoshop print module; PSP ingests the digital file.

You need to set up all the prprinting settings in PSP.

If you use LTR paper and select Borderless you will get a borderless LTR print - its what you asked for.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I called Canon direct and got a wonderful tech person that helped me go through the whole process and I have a good foundatrion for using PSP, lots of littler drop downs and custom features.

Thank you all for helping out.

That is a little confusing for a lot of people.

"Some folks feel PSP is unncessary, and in principle they are right ... "

And I would be one of them.  However, I am not a Mac user so I can't rightfully say about them.  I do think the latest PSP is pretty good.  At least it is getting better.  It is getting there just like the latest DPP4.  For Windoze, I still see it as unnecessary but who knows, it may get better yet.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

OK so I set up the ICC profiles for the printer and used them for my Hahnemuhle Silk and Yuck!

Also tried doing borderless, so I would get the 8x10, well it printed to 8.5x11, the paper size I used.

So now I have one image 7x9 and one 8.5x11 neither 8x10

Also the print on the silk is terrible looking.

I had been using Canon Semigloss

3 days into my new printer and going backwards......

Why can't they send a manual on how to use the printer in the box?

I love that everyone is trying to help, but honestly, if I ran my business like this I would not have one. Does Canon have a help line?

1 (800) 652-2666

Click me

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements