cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new Pro-100, the color is red/magenta

GreggBarckholtz
Contributor

I have a new Pro-100, the color is consistently red/magenta, I have used both canon luster and semigloss papers and matching profiles.

I have made the same exact print on my Epson with perfect results, same paper, today

I have the ICC profiles, I am letting Photoshop do the color.

Thanks Gregg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called Canon direct and got a wonderful tech person that helped me go through the whole process and I have a good foundatrion for using PSP, lots of littler drop downs and custom features.

Thank you all for helping out.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Frequently when color is off it is due to double profiling - the printer and the application are both setting the color profile.

Go into your printer setup window and be sure you set color matching to None.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I can not find a printer setup window. Using mac El Capitan.
Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have or can you find this menu?

none.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Since you are on a Mac you need this configuration:

Check Photoshop manages colors and be sure you select ColorSync and not Canon Color Matching.

Get there by selecting Print settings under Printer Setup.

PS.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, I am getting closer, still some questions.

I am not sure what to use under  Presets.   I get options but none are like your example shows what I think is a paper type,   I get options for example......  fast printing plain paper,   fine printing plain paper, last used or default

So what do I use there.

Then under printer profile, I can put  Canon lj color printer forfile 2005 or pick a paper ICC What is correct there?

The prints are better, but still are not a good match to my screen or the print off my Epson.

Sorry I am not knocking Canon with that comment.  Just the first print off the Epson in this set up test was spot on and that color is my goal for the Canon.Pro-100

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When your in the initial checkout I recommend you install and use Canon Print Studio Pro. You make your selections in PSP and it handles Photoshop.

I'll respond again with driver setting responses.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

You are correct - the preset you saw is a custom one I created.

Initially stat with Default. Then go through each of the dropdown menus and make the appropriate settings. When you are completed you can save it with a name and then recall it.

For profile you would select the paper profile. If you save it and reopen it then it will say Automatic and the actual profile will be listed below it.

Last Used remembers the settings most recently used.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for all the help, I learned how to use psp and that makes all the difference.

I am only stuck on adding non canon manufactures icc profiles to work from.

I followed the directions and placed them in my library, but they are not showing up in the psp drop down

I have closed photoshop and restarted my mac, but they are not showing up.

Thanks.

Do these instructions help?

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/how-to-install-printer-icc-profiles-el-capitan-osx.html

Glad things are getting sorted out for you. Some folks feel PSP is unncessary, and in principle they are right - it doesn't do anything you can't do yourself by selecting the correct settings in the software and the printer driver.

But as you, and I previously, have found, the Mac system is much more difficult than the Windows system when it comes to getting all the "switches" in the correct position.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements