cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't disable airprint using Canon Pro-200

janeenlc
Apprentice

Hi there, I have a Canon pixma pro-200 and am trying to test print some illustrations to check colors.  I'm printing through Photoshop using a macstudio.  When I try to print using Photoshop settings, it tells me to make sure to disable the printer's color management in print settings but I do not see any settings there to allow me to disable.  I checked my printer's settings in preferences and saw that it is using Canon Pro-200 series-Airprint.  I removed the printer and added it again using Canon Pro-200 series in the 'use' dropdown.  But when I go back to check it, the Canon Pro-200 series - Airprint with driver verwsion 3.0 is listed again.

Not sure how to solve this issue but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be greatful!

Thank you,

Janeen

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When you add the printer back in Printers and Scanners, do you get both AirPrint and Pro-200 IJ Network? 

We look forward to your reply. 

I am having above issue i keep deleting and installing and when I go to add orinters I only see a single option for canon pro 200 series I dont see anything at all mention air print of IJ. If I choose other software dropdown all i see are other printers like HP/Epson. I am unable to complete orders because i have no color dialogue. This is in Mac sonoma 14 OS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you install this driver from the Canon support page?

Screenshot 2023-11-17 134628.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John

I'm having the same issue (running same operating systems). I have tried to install the CUPS driver to solve it- I'm able to go through the whole process and it says successfully installed. However then when I get to step 3 in the setup, I'm shown this error message that says I need to install the canon driver first.

Unsure where to go from here, just want to be able to print from the driver instead of AirPrint so I'm able to use the utility tab to make changes. Came here from trying to implement these fixes shown on this other community page here.

Thank you for any insight you can offer!Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 5.40.58 AM.png

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi. I have never gotten that error message, so cannot help. You should register your product and contact Canon for support. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements