cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the printer driver to use ICC profile with a Pixma Pro-100 on Mac 10.14 and more?

jackygag
Contributor

Hi,

I use a MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14 and a Canon Pixma Pro-100.

I bought a sample pack from Hahnemühle and I installed the ICC profiles to test the paper, but I don't know how to configure the driver to use the profile because the Canon documentation is too old.

Here my questions :

1. I use Apple Photos to print my pictures. Do I need to select the profile in Color Matching > ColorSync?
    • Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 10.34.59 PM.png
  2. There some ICC profile for Hahnemühle papers on the Canon web site and others on the Hahnemühle web site : which one I must use (the Canon ones or the Hahnemühle ones) ?
  3. How I must configure the Printer Features section? I don't see the Hahnemühle ICC profiles in ProfileID and I'm not sure how configure other elements.
    • Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 10.35.10 PM.png

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello.

I don't get the option to select Printer Features when I select printing from Lightroom (macOS Catalina). What software are you working with?

I would select the profiles downloaded from the paper vendor. They could be updated from the ones supplied by Canon.

Select the profile in Color Matching and select ColorSync (as you have done).

Media type would be the Canon paper type that the third party vendor said to select, since that is what they used to create their profile.

What options appear when you select ProfileID?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Like I said I use Apple Photos.

Here the options in ProfileID : 

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.13.20 AM.png

Its only Canon profile. Its not possible to select third party profile like in the ColorSync menu and I don't know which profile apply (the one in the ColorSync menu or the one in the Printer Feature. 😞

Thanks!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t get those screens in Photos. That’s why I wanted to confirm.

Based on the choices you showed I would select the profile for the Canon media type you selected to go with the ICC profile.

Maybe as a test, select the Canon option in color matching and see if the driver automatically selects the Canon profile for the Canon paper you select.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No, this do nothing.

Canon need to update their documentation, because nobody seems to know how to configure the new Canon driver on macOS (and many people asked this question). I don't want to waste my sample papers trying many configuration.

What version of the driver do you have installed?

It should be 16.40.1.0

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

OK, I tried printing from Canon DPP.

1. in that software I did get the dialogue box you show with Printer Features.

2. when I opened that dropdown the ProfileID: was the IJ2005 item.

3. I selected ColorSync (which I always do even with canon paper, just to maintain a consistent process).

4. Quality & Media was Canon Luster.

5. ICC profile was the Canon Luster profile

Printed perfectly.

I also reinstalled the latest driver and restarted my MacBook. Now I get the dialogue box you posted.

Printed same as above (with the IJ2005 Printer ID:) and got a perfect print.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

I did a similar test with the Canon Matte Photo paper :

1. I selected ColorSync + the profile for Canon Mate paper N

2. Printer Feature, with the IJ2005 Printer ID and Canon Mate paper N for the paper

Result A : magenta cast! 😞

1. I selected Canon color matching

2. Printer Feature, with the Canon matte Photo Paper Printer ID and Canon Mate paper N for the paper

Result B : excellent result! 🙂 … but

…this doesn't resolve my issue for third party paper. 😞

For some Hahnemulhe paper I need to select Other Fine Art Paper 1 and there is no match in Printer ID. 😞

If I read this page : 

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/PRO-1%20v1-1%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-c_color_corr...

I think I will need an app like QImage, Lightroom or Photoshop to select an ICC profile. The printer driver don't seem to allow it. 😞 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements