cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Canon Print Studio Pro "Plugin" into Photoshop 2021(WIN 10)

PA-WOODCHUCK
Contributor

Setting new PC and PIXMA Pro-100 and PS21. I reinsalled all the canon software from download but can't remember how to find and install the PS21 plugin

thanks

16 REPLIES 16

OK did find and got OK on install. I looked into plugin menu(photo shop elements) and didn't see anything installed, also automate menu still graye out. That said, I'm a rookie... how do I use this feature and what does it do?

If you look inside the Plug-ins folder that you navigated to do you see a PSP folder? If not, it likely was not installed.

The bottom line of all this, however, is that you do not need Print Studio Pro in order to print. One can print perfectly well with the Canon driver and the print capabilities of Photoshop or Lightroom, among other applications. Although I do have PSP installed in Photoshop as a plug-in I never print with it as it offers me nothing more than I have with Photoshop.

Robert N. 

I know for Photoshop the Automate button is not greyed out even without PSP being installed. I don't know if that is the case with Elements. 

Maybe you can post a new thread asking here if people who use Elements have the Automate button greyed out or not ans if not do they have PSP installed. 

That would give insight into whether there is an issue with your Elements installation or not. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I did a Google search and found that in Photoshop Elements Automation Tools is greyed out unless you are in Expert Mode -- if you are in Quick Mode it will be greyed out. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-14-automation-tools-greyed-out/... 

Robert N.

Good find Rob. I had searched previously and didn't find anything, but that was before it was clarified that Elements was the app. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks it's there in expert mode.

Been seeing this for awhile now and what's the difference

Listed for the printer under win10 control panel

Canon Pro 100

Canon Pro 100 WS

WS version is a Windows printer driver. Limited features. You can delete it.

What is "WS"??? - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements