Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible results with Canon Pixma pro 100 printing from Lightroom Classic

Robmae
Contributor

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer

Results when printing from Lightroom Classic: Muddy flat colors--

Results when printing same image using  Canon Print Studio Pro--very good

In the past I have gotten very good results printing from Lightroom Classic.I don't know what changed but it changed from one print to the next, (got several very good prints, no settings were changed and the next  print was horrible) I have run all the tests, nozzle check, print head alignment, gone in and found the manual color adjustment in the print screen, chose 'none'. I'm using canon inks, canon paper, (LU-101), I have the correct paper profile chosen in Lightroom however I've also tried letting  the printer manage color, tried Perceptual and Relative. I have also gone back to the develop module in Lightroom and made major adjustments to the colors and exposure to the image and it made no difference in the final print

I have also tried all of this on two other computers--same muddy results. 

I would just continue to print using the Canon Print Studio but I can't seem to download that plug in on my laptop, (it was automatically installed on my desktop computer when I first got the printer) and I need to be able to print from my laptop. 

Major paper, ink and time waste. I've searched everywhere, read everything I can.  I have not calibrated the monitor, (I have a calibrator ordered), but if it was just an issue with the monitor not being calibrated then I should be getting the same horrible results when printing from the Canon Print Studio Pro, AND, I should be able to adjust the image, color and exposure wise in the develop module to compensate for the poor print quality. 

I feel like there must be SOMETHING in the Lightroom Classic that is turned off or on, something that I've missed but I am at a loss to figure it out. 

Any ideas? Sorry this is long. Pretty frustrated. Perhaps someone who has the same set up could tell me what their settings for printing from Lightroom classic are? 

Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was the three computers that confused me.

Definitely look closely at your settings in LrC since it is a consistent problem you are getting.

As far as getting PSP installed on the laptop download the latest version of PSP from here:

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon USA

and just run the installer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Confused somewhat by your posting.

If I read correctly you are getting the same poor results from LrC printing on three different computers; am I reading that right?

It sounds like you have made all the correct settings in Lightroom for turning off color management when letting LrC manage color.

What operating system are you using?

Screenshot 2021-03-04 085655.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-04 085950.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi Jon

thanks for your reply

I'm using Windows 10. On all three computers. 

Yes I am getting the same poor results from all three computers. When I used the Canon Print Studio pro the results were remarkably better. 

I'm going to have a closer look at the images you sent to see if there's something I've missed. 

thank you so much. I'm confused by my posting and experience, also. My son spent most of a day trying to figure it out and he's usually pretty good with this sort of stuff. 

Robin

It was the three computers that confused me.

Definitely look closely at your settings in LrC since it is a consistent problem you are getting.

As far as getting PSP installed on the laptop download the latest version of PSP from here:

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon USA

and just run the installer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Jon: Thankyou! I think you fixed it. 

I studied your screen shots and the only difference I could see between what I have mine set at and yours was on the Canon Pro-100 properties>Main>Color Intensity. I had mine set on Auto. Switched Color Intensity  to Manual and just printed out two great 8x10s. (They will be better when I calibrate the monitor and adjust colors/exposure in LR--but definitely in the realm of great!)

Thank you SO MUCH! Really, really appreciate it. Seeing what you had your printer properties set at made the difference.

I'm amazed, (and somewhat irritated) that just that one adjustment could make the difference. Auto must be the default. 

Robin

so I'm guessing that by swiching color intensity to manual you can go in and adjust colors there instead of LRC

And sorry I mis-spelled your name, John. 

Glad it worked out.

When you had Auto selected in the driver and were also selecting a paper profile in LrC you were doing what is called "double profiling"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi

I think I have a similar problem; muddy colours when LR manages colours but great if managed by printer. Correct ICC profiles for both Canon and Hahnameule papers. Could I ask that you repost the screenshots to guide me please? Thanks.

Hi, I believe if you click on the screen shot above it will allow you to scroll to the rest. If not then hopefully John can repost them. Best of luck to you.

50F74CC2-32F1-454E-9C6F-E5654FB2A1BE.jpeg

Here are the settings you want. If still having issues report back.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements