03-28-2020 02:37 PM
I am having several issues with my Pro 10 and cannot find any self help. They may be related.
Platform: Mac OS 10.15.3
1. Printer worked perfet on first print. Now when a print is sent it pulls a sheet from the input tray, through the printer, and to the output tray without printing. This takes about 3 seconds. The printer dialog box clears the job as if the print was made.
2. I have a "Marker Supply Low" dialog with yellow caution icon. Two colors are low but not out. Normally I would get a low ink warning but I don't rememer it being worderd as Marker Supply. Is this the same thing as ink or something else?
03-28-2020 03:51 PM
Relative to the "Marker Supply Low", this is from Apple forum:
Relative to your paper feed issue, do you have the latest Canon driver - 126.96.36.199?
03-28-2020 04:37 PM
I'm not sure what that is. No one has ever posted that window before.
If you want to try this I recommend:
1. Download 188.8.131.52 from the site I linked to.
2. Delete your printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners
3. Select "+" button to add printer.
4. Wait for Canon IJ Series to appear - it could take several minutes.
5. When it appears select it and the printer will be installed.
03-29-2020 02:07 PM
Ok, instruction followed and reinstalled printer.
Still feeds a sheet through the rear tray without printing and clears the print que. When using the manual feed, it will not recognize paper in the tray.
03-29-2020 02:46 PM - edited 03-29-2020 02:47 PM
Then my recommendation is to call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.
We crossed while typing.
Glad it worked out for you.