cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE! Washed out magenta cast on prints, all settings are the same.

kacr2507
Contributor

Hi, 

I've been printing hundreds of prints on my Pixma Pro 100 on moab entrada rag paper, and they've been wonderful, but suddenly have started printing washed out and magenta. My settings are set to:

photoshop manages color

Moab Entrada Rag ICC Profile

Perceptual or Relative with Black Point Compensation

11 REPLIES 11

Hi kacr2507.

The easiest way to find the print-side (which should be facing up while printing) is to lightly moisten your finger, then touch a corner.  The print side will seem stickier when your finger is moistened.

Other than that, Print Studio Pro (add on for Windows and Mac OS) and the Windows drivers have tools for adjusting color accuracy through pattern printing.  Also ensure you're minimizing the number of times the image is transferred through ICC profiles (usually occurs when transferring between different editing programs); each shift may cause the color to warp.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I actually use double sided matte paper, so that's not the issue. It's not really a color accuracy issue, but rather a sudden change in how the printer is printing. My prints were fine, and then one day were not---all the settings are the same. I reinstalled the driver, and the ICC profile and that got me close to where I began, but still leaves a bit to be desired. Fine for now, thanks for the help. 

Announcements