cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE! Washed out magenta cast on prints, all settings are the same.

kacr2507
Contributor

Hi, 

I've been printing hundreds of prints on my Pixma Pro 100 on moab entrada rag paper, and they've been wonderful, but suddenly have started printing washed out and magenta. My settings are set to:

photoshop manages color

Moab Entrada Rag ICC Profile

Perceptual or Relative with Black Point Compensation

11 REPLIES 11

robnich
Enthusiast

On my monitor the print on the left is the more satisfactory one and looks quite normal, whereas the right print looks dark and somewhat tinted. Did the image come out as you intended or did you mix up left and right?

Robert N.

No, I deleted the photo becuase it's too hard to capture it, but that's the correct print. You'll just have to take my word that it's washed out and magenta. Any suggetions?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Whenever a printer starts with poor output the first thing to do is run a nozzle check.

Let us know how that works out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The nozzle check was perfect. No streaks at all. I'm thinking maybe my ink cartridges are dried out, is that a possibility? The print utility is showing that they're about 3/4ths empty, so they still have sufficient ink in them, but it really is looking like a saturation issue. 

If the nozzle check looks good I wouldn't think you have an ink flow problem, but it only costs a little ink to run a cleaning and see if that corrects your problem.

Any changes to the computer like a software update?

Sometimes just reinstalling the printer driver corrects soem problems.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I updated the driver and reinstalled the ICC profile and there's a definite improvement. The colors are still coming out slightly faded, but the magenta cast is gone, and I did get one photo printed on luster paper that turned out perfectly---so yes, thank you so much, I'm officially closer to figuring this out. Definitely appreciate your advice. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When you say reinstalled the ICC profile are you using third party paper?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm using Moab Entrada Rag Natural, I also have the Moab Entrada Luster, which printed great. The matte paper is trickier. 

Yes, matte is. 

Dye inks and matte paper don't always play well together. Plus telling the print side is sometimes difficult. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements