cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ColorSync or Canon Color Matching for B&W

nvw
Enthusiast

Hello,

I am using a Pro-10 with a Mac. When printing B&W from Lightroom I choose Managed by Printer for Color Management. I understood that to mean that the printer would manage how the ink is put down.

In the print dialog box with Black and White Photo Print checked, I see under Color Matching that there is the option to use ColorSync or Canon Color Matching. I always assumed I should use Canon Color Matching however when selecting ColorSync I have the option of selecting a paper profile. I am pretty sure I should be using Canon Color Matching but now I am a little uncertain.

Can someone confirm if Canon Color Matching for B&W printing is correct?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you select Canon Color Matching you don’t get to choose an ICC profile since the printer driver will match the correct Canon profile for the media and quality selection you make. If you are using Canon paper that’s OK. If you are using third party paper then you need to select ColorSync. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you select Canon Color Matching you don’t get to choose an ICC profile since the printer driver will match the correct Canon profile for the media and quality selection you make. If you are using Canon paper that’s OK. If you are using third party paper then you need to select ColorSync. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John.

Announcements