cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardstock won't show up in print dialog box in Photoshop with PRO-300

kparkhouse
Apprentice

I have a PRO-300 which I love, but I'm having trouble I'm printing on cardstock (colors are very light). I can't select for cardstock in the print dialog box, but cardstock shows up as an option on the printer itself. I installed the Media Configuration tool to make sure cardstock was an option for the printer, but it won't show up in the dialog box. See below.

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 12.40.57 PM.pngI thought there might be some issue with the driver so I reinstalled it, threw out the printer, and then added the printer again. No luck - I still only had the disc, photo and plain paper options. Sad. 

Anyone have any suggestions of how I can select for that media in the print dialog box?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Double-check in System Settings->Printers & Scanners that you have the Canon IJ Series driver installed and not the Apple AirPrint driver.

It should say 24.30.0.0 as driver. If it says Version 3.0 it is the AirPrint driver.

If AirPrint, re-add the printer after downloading and installing the latest driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ohhh, wow, thank you for replying. I was using the AirPrint driver. I'll find the Canon IJ driver, install it and get back to you.

Announcements