cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro-100 firmware upgrade from 1.1 to 2031

ducmis
Contributor

I havent been using my printer so i haven't been doing my firmwares updates like i should.  I missed 1.2 and 1.3, now i want to update it to the latest firmware and it keeps giving me an error.  I have tried my windows 10 and windows 7 and  both are giving me the same error while updating the firmware.   it shuts down the printer mid way and says it cannot connect to the printer.  no data transfers.   drivers are installed on the computer and it works, and it can print.  i just want to update the firmware.  If someone can kindly help me with this, thank you in advance.

111 REPLIES 111

jimre
Enthusiast
Announced in Australia already:

https://www.canon.com.au/printers/pixma-pro-200

Looks strangely retro. Nice machine, but I'll keep using my 100 and 10 until they won't print anymore.

Italianman
Contributor
Anyone try to update with new fw?

@Italianman wrote:
Anyone try to update with new fw?

The newest version posted for Windows is still updater ver 1.3 (the subject of this long thread).

There appears to be a newer updater ver 1.4 posted for Mac, but I have no way to test that.

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon USA

Vers1.3 and 1.4 are different versions of the installer app for different versions of macOS. The firmware to be installed is the same. And the same upgrade problems exist b

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Italianman
Contributor
I try with Mac and don’t works.

KenBry
Apprentice

I just tried this Firmware update 7 April 2021. I have both PC and MAC and neither was able to perform the update and had the same error as the OP.

Updater Versions tested:

Mac 1.4 on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

Windows 1.3 on Windows 10 Pro Build 20H2 19042.867

i still get the error message. anyone have success with the update?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
As reported in the threads above the update only applies to certain models. If the update fails it doesn’t apply to your printer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks for the reply. will keep the current 1.12 version

Announcements