cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro-100 firmware upgrade from 1.1 to 2031

ducmis
Contributor

I havent been using my printer so i haven't been doing my firmwares updates like i should.  I missed 1.2 and 1.3, now i want to update it to the latest firmware and it keeps giving me an error.  I have tried my windows 10 and windows 7 and  both are giving me the same error while updating the firmware.   it shuts down the printer mid way and says it cannot connect to the printer.  no data transfers.   drivers are installed on the computer and it works, and it can print.  i just want to update the firmware.  If someone can kindly help me with this, thank you in advance.

111 REPLIES 111

Windows 10 64 bit and OSX Catalina.

Impossible to upgrade.

Larry - 

Can you confirm if the web interface changed any from v1.1 to v2.031? Did any additional features get enabled?

Kevin

The Web interface now shows version 2.031, and so does a nozzle check.

I've noticed no additional features, but I haven't really looked. Printing seems the same as it was before the update (which for me is all I needed). I would speculate (with absolutely no evidence) that the update was for compatibility with new hardware or system software more than new features.

Larry

Larry, I believe there are only two people in this six-page thread who reported success, and one them was you. So, technically, yes, it didn’t fail for everyone. It failed for almost everyone who has posted here. You didn’t say whether you upgraded from 1.1, which seems to be the issue and is the topic of this discussion. Regardless, there is a problem and clearly it is a common one.

canonsky
Enthusiast

Joey2
Apprentice

I have a similar problem with updating the firmware for my Pixma Pro-100, that I have not yet been able to resolve. However, I am updating from firmware version 1.020 to 2.031. After reading all of the posts here, I didn't want to start a new thread since it is highly likely that my issue is the same as the issue in this thread, i.e., updating from ver. 1.1 to 2.031. Here is a description of 1. my system, 2. printer, 3. What I did in preparation for the update, and 4. Specific details on what exactly happens during the upgrade process. Much, but not all, of what I present in Part "4." below has already been posted in this thread. However, I hope it will be useful to those having this issue and also for any Canon techs for the information to be pulled together here, with a precise description of the events leading up to the error.

1. PC running Windows 10 Home ver. 1909 (64-bit OS build 18363.836, intel i7-4770 cpu@3.4 GHz, 32 GB ram).

2. Canon Pixma Pro-100

3. I usually run my printer via wifi. I followed the firmware upate procedure correctly by connecting with a USB, but the printer was not being recognised. Therefore, to prepare for my second attempt I did the following: I deleted the old printer driver and installed the latest driver (ver. 1.06, 07/01/16; file name: p86l-win-pro_100-1_06-ea32_2.exe), available on the Canon USA driver support page for the pro-100. After driver installation, I selected the option that I will be connecting the pritner via USB.

4. Here is a precise description of the steps that I then went through during Firmware upgrade, and the resulting error message:

START

-Turn off printer (which is now connected via USB to the PC).

-Turn on printer. Wait a while until the printer completes it's "initiation noises". Result: Steady, white light shown on top button on front panel of printer.

-Launch Firmware updater program:

Image1.jpg

-click "Next":

Image2.jpg

-click "Start". The top button on the front panel of the printer now starts blinking white at intervals of one blink at a time, and the following screen is shown on the PC:

Image3.jpg

-the above screen stays on for a short while (about 15 seconds), and the white light on the printer continues blinking as described above.

-After the approximately 15 seconds, the PC makes a sound prompt, indicating that a device has been disconnected from the PC. Simultaneously, the top button on the front of the printer panel stops blinking white, and now the middle button on the front panel of the printer starts blinking orange at intervals of three blinks at a time. The firmware program then presents the following screen:

Image4.jpg

-the screen above stays on for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and during this whole time, the middle button on the front panel of the printer continues to blink orange at intervals of three blinks at a time.

-after the 30 seconds to 1 minute has passed, the following screen is shown:

Image5 (3).jpg

-While the above screen is shown, the orange light on the middle button of the front panel of the printer continues to blink at intervals of three blinks at a time. The printer remains in this state until "OK" is clicked.

-Click "OK". The firmware updater program closes. The orange light on the printer stops blinking and the printer shuts down on its own.

END.

I guess all I can do is say "me too".  Win10, Pro-100, current firmware 1.030, trying to upgrade to 2.031, same error as everyone else here.  The problem causing me to want to upgrade firmware is actually this one -- https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pro-100-terrible-disk-printing-color-... Obviously I have no idea whether the firmware upgrade will fix that or not, but I can't even try it.

The upgrade file has been removed from the Canon UK and Canon Italy website.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Joey2,

It is recommended that  you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays. If you have not created a Canon Account, please click HERE. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

@ArthurJ wrote:

Hi Joey2,

It is recommended that  you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays. If you have not created a Canon Account, please click HERE. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Practically everyone who has had this problem has had an identical experience to Joey2. The last person who called was given the brushoff (see messages above). Why don't you just replicated the problem, explain what is going on, and tell us if there is anything in the update that makes any difference to us. If the update is inconsequential, we'll probably stop talking about it.

Announcements