cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Canon color profiles not showing up in Photoshop

yukon819
Contributor

I've been having a problem with my Canon color profiles not showing up under the "Photoshop manages color" drop down for some time.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not.  I don't know if my Mac is hiding them or if it's photoshop or what, but when they were missing, I used to be able to go to printers in system preferences and add another printer and click the canon pro 1000 and it would create another driver (pro 1000 (2)...) and then the profiles would be there. I would have like 6 or 7 Pro 1000s on my Mac.  But now that doesn't even work.  I've deleted the printers and downloaded the drivers again and no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This didn't get published properly in my earlier post:

"The stock Canon Profiles are hidden and not automatically put into the library>Colorsync>Profiles location which makes profiles available to Affinity for instance.

They must be copied from here: library> printers> Canon> BJPrinter> Resources>  ICCProfiles>  -Then control-click on the printer you use ie. Pro 10 or Pro 100  [that one threw me] and choose in the dropdown menu: show package contents.   From there you see Contents> Resources>   All the profiles appear to be copied and then pasted in correct location:

Library> Colorsync> Profiles "

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

I rechecked all your steps and I did get them all copied over )thank you!!!). Turns I didn't reboot. Once I did that, voila. Thank you!!

Glad you are all set. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

OK, you may not be able to help here but I'm so frustrated! I checked Lightroom Classic last night and all the profiles are now there. However, in Photoshop (latest version) they are not!! Any ideas?

Do you still have the AirPrint version of the printer installed? If so, is that the one Ps is selecting?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I don't believe I ever had it installed. I saw the BJprinter when i looked in the library and executed the above steps to copy the profiles over. I can't imagine why LR Classic would be able to see them and not Photoshop.

I've copied the Canon profiles in the correct area but Photoshop doesn't see them. Lightroom Classic does. I don't see any other printer. Any ideas? I can't see where PS is getting the profiles from.

thank you!

They were not there. They were nowhere. I had to do a new install in order for Canon to recognize that they were not in my computer. That process wasn’t easy (and I had to do it twice) because I use my Pro-1000 wirelessly and I can’t physically move it for a cabled install. It’s all fine now but I see others are still struggling!

Thanks for the suggestion. I found the ICC profiles for Canon papers and I could not paste them into the colorsync profiles folder. When I try to place them in the folder they bounce back out.

I am using a brand new Imac with Ventura 13.3.1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you in your user area?

Try entering the path starting in the top level MacHD.

ICCProfiles 2022-02-13 12-23-08.jpg

See the path at the bottom of my screenshot.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

You were right. I was not in the right pathway. This worked perfectly. I can't thank you enough!!!!! Finally!!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements