cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 9000 Mark II

ShampooLady
Contributor

OMGOSH i think after my mac updated to Catalina i can't get this printer to print. I get the Stopped filter failed mesasge.

Have anyone come across this or found a fix for this either through Canon or Catalina OS website. 

If so i would be super grateful if you can help me get this fixed.

Thanks in advance. 

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I can understand your frustration. This is not an uncommon problem with computer upgrades, hardware and software. For example, newer Apple computers all only have USB-C ports. That means if you had components connected to the old computer via USB-A connectors it is necessary to purchase all new cables or dongle adapters. You printer is an 11 or so year old model ($500 list price). Not sure when or where you purchased for ($1000). You made a conscious decision to upgrade to Catalina. I realize that perhaps you didn't realize that it would disable your printer. Now you need to decide - do the new features in Catalina provide me enough benefit that is worth it to buy a newer printer? If yes, I suggest you look into the Pro-100. Canon frequently runs rebate programs. You can get the printer for $150 or less - less than the cost of a set of ink for printer. If you don't think Catalina is worth it you can revert back to Mojave and get your printer back. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Stellarspace
Contributor
Apple provides printer drivers for most printers. There's no need to upgrade to a new inkjet printer unless it no longer works. I can confirm that the Apple provided printer drivers for the Pro 9000 Mark II is functional and works just fine. You have to uninstall the previous drivers by deleting the following folder: /Library/Printers/

what website should i be looking for ?

Hello Stellarspace. I am very interested in what you are saying because of the myriad of postings here about folks not being able to access all the features of their Canon printers, and invariably the resolution is that they don't have the Canon IJ Series driver installed but the Apple driver.

Could you post a screenshot of the Apple driver dialogue screen so we could see what it looks like? Thank you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You're referring to Apple providing AirPrint drivers for Canon printers. This wasn't the case for the Pro 9000 as Apple wasn't providing AirPrint drivers. It doesn't matter anymore because Apple is no longer providing printer drivers for the Pro 9000. Canon's printer drivers work without error.

Announcements