cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-4000 Immediately Runs out of Ink for PBK

nik_lockett
Apprentice

My Canon-4000 PBK ink keeps running out immediately after loading in a new ink cartridge.  The printer makes a gurgling noise after loading the new cartridge like the ink is going somewhere and draining from the cartridge.  Then, next time I go to print something I get a message that the ink tank is empty.  I loaded in two 160mL Canon PFI-1100 Photo Black Pigment Ink Tank cartridges and have experienced this back-to-back.  When I run a test print page, all the ink tanks are printing.  When I run a print job, the printer stops printing the job due to the PBK Ink showing empty.  When I inspect the cartridge and shake it, it appears to be empty although full when I loaded them into the printer.  Please help me understand what could be happening and suggestions on ways to resolve.

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi,

i'm a french photographer with the same Canon Pro-4000 since three years.

it was always a good product that i'm very happy.

Since last week i had a the same probleme like you. My 700 ml MK cartridge will ended a little bit quickly. I don't think first there was a mistake. Today, four days after i put a new 700ml MK cartridge, i found the cartridge empty.

Waouuhhhh ! there is a big problem : 700ml of ink disapeared and nothing on the ground, nothing in the plastic covers !

So there is a similar problem between us and maybe a conception fail in !!!

ANd do you know today more about this problem ?? can you help me more precisely ? Do you find any solutions ? Where did the ink go ?

I wish you find the way to repair it and now i can repair it too.

THanks.

ERic

printmakersinc
Apprentice

I have the same problem, except with my PC cartridge. It looks like my maintenance cartridge is quite a bit fuller and suspiciously blue. However I have no idea how that might have occured.
Any updates on this? Hear anything from canon support? This is the only other forum post I've found similar enough to my issue.

You can find here a bit of response

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Office-Printers/problem-with-Canon-PRO-4000/td-p/311309

It'sa problem in the SUB INK TANK UNIT L ( that you can see here https://printcopy.info/?mod=pc&brand=Canon&model=imagePROGRAF+PRO+4000&page=5 )

I found more than 500ml of black matt ink (almost 300€ euros) that i cannot reused under that part.

My printer seller can sell me this part at 780€ !

I will search more on the old tank after i received the new one...

Hello,

The same problem occured on our Pro-4000, two MBK cartridges were empty in a few days.

The tech came and showed us that the ink had been collected under the tanks.

He made a software upgrade and that's it! Since then no more problems.

What do you think about that ?

planned obsolescence !?!

WIch software he upgraded ? On the computer or on the printer ?

Thanks !

He upgraded the software of the printer. He said that if we had had a maintenance contract it would have been asked to upgrade automatically by the machine.
It seems to me if we don't have a contract or ask their service for maintenance the printer will sudenly "need" an intervention.

Hi,

i'm the same problem i solved in february with a tank replacement, but this is the SUB INK TANK UNIT R this time...

I should be interesting to now more about the software update... could you tell me the software version of your printer system. Mine is v01.14 !!!!

I'm too interesting by a response on that by Canon ???! Could you help us dear Canon ?

And "DupliCopie" do you change in the same time the empty cartbridge ??
Announcements