cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 1000 On/Off/Sleep

pjglad
Enthusiast

I just purchased this printer and I have a few 101 questions regarding On/Off/Sleep. After some amount of time with no activity, the LCD goes blank and depressing the Home button does nothing. Is the printer On, Off or in some type of Sleep mode? Also, when the LCD goes blank, I cannot print from my iMac unless I depress the On/Off button on the printer which initiates some type of start up process. Is that normal? I did not have to do that with my Pixma Pro-100. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

pjglad
Enthusiast

OK, I did some research and now understand. I do have one question. I am a casual user - perhaps a couple times per month. Should I disable Auto Power Off?

Yes I think everyone should disable auto power off. I never turn my Pro-1000 off. I'm on a wi-fi connection. In that mode when the screen goes blank it's just going to sleep. When I send a print job from my iMac it wakes up the LCD screen & printing begins. If you wake the printer from sleep by hitting the Home button it should show you the home screen.

You might want to consider using the printer more than twice a month (even print just a small 6x4 every few days) as insurance to keep the printhead in good condition & the ink flowing through the system. I used to use an unclogging print chart to prevent clogs etc. But on advice from Canon I stopped doing that. I notice now that my ink goes a lot further, ie more prints, & I don't have as much chugging going on with the printer as before.

Greetings,

Agree, general concensus seems to be to "disable sleep".  (Pro 10, 100, 1000).  If not, ink charging can occur each time the printer wakes.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi shadowsports, you mean the opposite huh? You don't want to disable sleep but disable auto power off because you want the printer to go to sleep. I've never had ink charging happen when the printer (Pro-1000) wakes up from sleep. I use wi-fi, but maybe ink charging happens on a different connection??

Thanks!!

Announcements