cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark 2 prints only yellow silhouettes

NavyCoat
Apprentice

I have not used my Pro9000 in a couple of months and after taking it down and replacing the ink I found that it would not print. I performed the deep clean and still no luck. After cleaning it a second time with no luck I tried a different image, only this one printed as a yellow silhouette. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to fix this problem?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you post an image of your nozzle check printout?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

NavyCoat
Apprentice

IMG-3004.JPGonly some of the nozzle check is printing and it looks like this. 

Sure looks like a clogged/failed print head.

There are unofficial cleaning methods on YouTube using water and Windex, but given the apparent magnatude of your issue I wouldn't think they would be successful.

You could look into buying a replacement print head, but if it was my printer I would wait for one of the ferequent rebate deals on a Pro-100 and get that.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON first to see if they can recommend something.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi NavyCoat.

You may wish to check the ink tanks themselves. Ensure the bright orange protective film on top has been completely removed, and that nothing is obstructing the vents on the label-side of the ink tanks.  If the inks (other than yellow) were blocked, you will want to then perform another cleaning or deep cleaning to get the inks flowing again afterwards.

The Pro9000 Mark II has been out of service life for a few years now, and we no longer produce or sell print heads for it.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement directly through Canon. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.  You are under no obligation to buy when you call for information.  Our current PRO-series inkjet printers may be found HERE in the Canon Direct Store.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements