cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro100 - Print on Fine Art paper is slightly skewed.

pandeyg2106
Contributor

Prints from Canon Pixma Pro100 on the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta paper are coming as slightly skewed. I am printing on a 13x19 paper, and the following were the settings:

Image Size: 12x15

Top margin: 0.476

Bottom Margin: 0.476

Left: 2.008

Right: 2.008

However, when the print finally came out the top margin was not consistent. The top right margin was 0.476, but the top left was 0.3. On a 19 inch long paper, the difference was really visible. I have tried many forums but there was not a solution in any forum. I am attaching a photo of the print, which would explain the problem.

IMG_5909.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was definitely a paper feeding issue. I was feeding the paper correctly but since my paper is quite heavy when the roller pulls it in, it moves a bit and I had to again set the guidelines. Once I did that the print came out correctly. 

For others, while feeding a heavy paper keep an eye on the paper going in from the manual feeder and correct it if it gets off the guidelines.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try a roller cleaning. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am sorry, but I do not understand. What does roller cleaning have to do with margins being off?

If the rollers are not feeding the paper evenly the paper could be skewed as the print is being made. 

I printed a test image. I don't have the rag paper but I used silk Baryta. Used these settings:

2018-04-18.png

Printed fine. 

Does your problem happen consistently or just once? WiFi connection or USB?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I am cleaning my manual roller and will check again. I didn't face this problem before. This has been coming since I started using the A3 size PhotoRag Baryta paper. I suppose it is only happening in this paper.

I am using Wifi to take prints. Does that affect in any way?

Some people have reported printing issues with wifi; maybe weak signal. I have never seen it first hand.

Another thing I have read is some papers have processsi ng dust on them and that can cause slippage.

Is your print rectangular but rotated or are three sides parallel to edge and one with wrong margins?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My print is rectangular, but it's NOT parallel to the longer edges of the paper. The top left margin < top right margin. Similarly bottom left margin > bottom right margin.

OK. Definitely sounds like it is not feeding properly. Roller cleaning might help. Were you feeding from manual feed tray? Guides closed in against paper?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes. I was feeding on the manual tray, and as far as I know, I closed the guides properly. I have performed manual roller cleaning and will try to take a print again. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

It was definitely a paper feeding issue. I was feeding the paper correctly but since my paper is quite heavy when the roller pulls it in, it moves a bit and I had to again set the guidelines. Once I did that the print came out correctly. 

For others, while feeding a heavy paper keep an eye on the paper going in from the manual feeder and correct it if it gets off the guidelines.

Thanks for your help!

Announcements