Canon Community Canon Community

Product Expert

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9500 mk ii and Mac OSX 10.13.3

Hi monie,

Support options in the UK may vary from those available in th US.  I recommend contacting Canon UK HERE for current service options.

New Contributor

Hi

Was there any resolution to this - do Canon offer the Upgrade Program in the UK/Europe? I could find no mention on Canon UK website.

Also has anyone successfully used Gutenprint with Mojave and the 9500?

Chris

Occasional Contributor

No solution here. I bought a new printer. The old Pixma Pro has gone  to a good home with a Windows system. 

New Contributor

OK. I just bought a 9500 for 20 pounds(about 25 dollars), obviously a bargain - if it is useable for my purposes. It is only for small batches of prints so I might be ok with the problems; or I may also have to purchase a newer printer. The Pro-10S looks like a good option.

it is a pity though that many others will probably have to retire a perfectly good printer for such a reason.

I will try Gutenprint as an option and report back.

Chris

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I bought a 10s. I could use the 9500, but after each print I had to go into the dialogues and reinstall the printer. OK for the occasional print but Impractical otherwise. Good luck.