cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100S stopped communicating with Mac

AllanS
Contributor

Today the MacBook Pro M1 `16", 12.3.1 stopped communicating with the Canon Pixma Pro-100s printer. There is a communication error and the IJ Network driver does not appear in the printer and scanners preference window. Nor does it appear in the IJ Network tool dialogue window, when attempting to re-establish communication from there.

The printer is connected to the WiFi network, as it will print from a MacBook Air and an iPhone.

I have tried every solution I can think of: reinstalled the driver and IJ Network software, and restarted the computer. Updated the firmware. No attempted solutions have solved the issue. The printer was printing from this computer before, but does not do so any longer via the home WiFi network.

Is there a solution?

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend to have this issue looked at by our support team. Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat/ask a question box that appears, ask the chat bot to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you

I am trying what you suggest, but am being sent on a circle of contacts, or dead ends. Perhaps because I am based in the UK and the link takes me to the US.

Thank you, I am now waiting for a response from the Canon Chat team.

After spending some time with a very kind Canon support chat agent yesterday, the issue has been solved. The problem was solved by switching the router communication setting from 5 GHz to 2.5 GHz. Immediately the printer drive appeared, and the printer operated as before.

Announcements