cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set print for "fine" quality for most photos

Mocnrief
Contributor

I have Canon Pro 100.  I print from a MAC pro.  I am  having a problem with my printer settings.  For most photos I cannot use the "fine" or even the "standard" setting.  The only option is "fast on plain paper" .  The only photos that will print in "fine" on photo paper are those taken with my Iphone and and IPad and they are spectacular (including a panorama on 13 x 19 paper).  I am using the Canon Image Garden program for printing.  Image Garden cannot seem to find all of my photos.   I have to put individual photos on my desktop to enable Image Garden to find them.  Even that does solve the setting problem. For example I added a photo from Desktop to Photo Layout.  Under Advanced Settings I chose print quality "high".  I hit print and a box appeared telling me to be sure to use the defautl setting.  When the Print Box came up the Printer box showed Canon Pro-100 series, the Presets box showed "Fast Printing on Plain Paper".  There was no other option.  Honestly, I cannot find the Default Settings.  Help wanted!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My Image Garden is a very limited program. You are using the correct approach with Photos. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Have not.  Will try to do so.  At work now.  Will try when I get home.  Would the print dialogue box  be an Apple box or a Canon box?

It's actually both. Its the Mac version of the Canon printer driver dialgue box. The Windows version is entirely different.

If you had Lightroom or Photoshop I would suggest you try the Canon Print Studio Pro plugin. But it only works woth LR, PS and Canon's Digital Photo Professional software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Think I have found a solution.  I reinstalled the Pixma Pro-100 driver.  Still could not print fine qualty photo with the Canon software (Image Garden).  Could not change the preset choices from "fast on plain paper and fine on plain paper"  Went back to the MAC Photo program and tried to print from there.  On the printing box the presets were "fast on plain paper" and "fine on plain paper".  Again,  could not change  even when photo paper was the media chosen.  Then I noticed a box with no title in the middle of the printing box with the word "layout".  I clicked and found I had some options.  I clicked down to "quality and media".  That produced a new box below entitled  "print quality".  I chose :"high".  Clicked print and got a beautiful fine print (albeit a little darker thant the photo on the computer).  I went back to Image Garden and realized I would be getting the same printer box.  Changed "laywout" to "quality and media".  Allowed me to choose high quality. Maybe you jr, tried to tell me that before.  Thanks for your help. 

My Image Garden is a very limited program. You are using the correct approach with Photos. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements