cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set print for "fine" quality for most photos

Mocnrief
Contributor

I have Canon Pro 100.  I print from a MAC pro.  I am  having a problem with my printer settings.  For most photos I cannot use the "fine" or even the "standard" setting.  The only option is "fast on plain paper" .  The only photos that will print in "fine" on photo paper are those taken with my Iphone and and IPad and they are spectacular (including a panorama on 13 x 19 paper).  I am using the Canon Image Garden program for printing.  Image Garden cannot seem to find all of my photos.   I have to put individual photos on my desktop to enable Image Garden to find them.  Even that does solve the setting problem. For example I added a photo from Desktop to Photo Layout.  Under Advanced Settings I chose print quality "high".  I hit print and a box appeared telling me to be sure to use the defautl setting.  When the Print Box came up the Printer box showed Canon Pro-100 series, the Presets box showed "Fast Printing on Plain Paper".  There was no other option.  Honestly, I cannot find the Default Settings.  Help wanted!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My Image Garden is a very limited program. You are using the correct approach with Photos. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suspect your problem is that you are using the Bonjour version of the printer.

Have you installed the Canon drivers from the CD that came with the printer?

After the driver has been installed go to the System Preferences, Printers and Scanners and click "+" to add printer.

Wait, could be a few minutes, until the IJ version of the printer shows up. Bonjour printer version is very limited and won't let you take advantage of Pro-100 capabilities.

What software do you use for photo processing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The CD that came with the printer did not list the undated MAC OS that came with my computer.  I consulted this forum, following the advice I got, I downloaded the driver from support.  Do you think I downloaded the wrong driver?   The software is the software that came with the printer for "the Pro 100 series."  The component  I used is Image Garden.   I do not recall seeing the word "Bonjour" anwywhere.   Should I go back to support and download again?

Are you connected via USB. Do you see pages similar to this:

Printer 1.jpg

Printer 2.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

i am trying to screen shot the pages but am failing.  I am connected by USB.  I do not get the first screen.  Rather I get the Canon Quick Menu which shows Pro-100 series.  From that I get the Image Garden which similar to your second page.  In the end, get which I believe is the Apple print dialogue page which Canon Pro 100 as the default printer.

Canon_My_Image_Garden.jpg

I guess thats a limitation of My Image Garden. Do you have other software you use to edit your photos?  What about "Photos" on the Mac?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Mocnrief
Contributor
I have Photos. I would prefer to use it. Same problem. Cannot set it to fine

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok  Thanks much for your efforts.

image.pngOne last thought. Have you created a preset with all your printing selections, saved it and then recalled it for printing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements