cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Can't print on Hahnemuhle Fine art Rag

Guzzibob1
Contributor

When I try to print on this paper on my Canon Pixma Pro 100 while using their paper profile and setting "Other fine art paper" it refuses to print saying: with the media type you have selected you need to set the paper size to one for art paper with margins.

The only way I can get it to print is to set "Matt paper" in the driver. 

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to use a fine art ICC profile amd media type you need to select a fine art paper size.

This screenshot is from a Windows computer.

Screenshot 2020-10-22 152827.jpg

If you are on a Mac and don't see a similar dropdown be sure you aren't using the AirPrint version of the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for the reply. I talked to a Canon rep about this and he told me the reason for this is that if the printer was allowed to print close to the edges the paper could curl and cause a jam. 

That is correct.

If you go into the printer driver and select "Prevent head abrasion" you can successfully print using a non-fine art paper selection.

Screenshot 2020-10-31 105359.jpg

Depending on the paper surface generally select Matte Photo Paper or Photo Paper Pro Luster using the custom ICC profile for the third party paper.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jonezie
Apprentice

I had the same problem. I had the paper settings wrong. I had also ran out of Chroma. When I replaced ink, I had forgotten that I Had A3+ paper, not A3. When I replaced the ink and changed the paper settings it printed perfectly.

Announcements