cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best software to print fine art greeting cards on Canon Pro 100

lkmcginley
Contributor

Any opinions on which software to use to print my paintings onto card stock?  I have a new Canon Pro 100.  I'm aiming for high quality color and ease of use.   I may make prints from time to time. 

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

How do you get your paintings into a format for printing - scan or photograph?

Do you do any processing on your painting, like in Photoshop?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I photograph the artwork at this point.

That's the question - what software would I want to use for processing and then printing.  I did try out PS for a short time - while I'm sure it's fantastic, I had to hunt and peck to find each step and wasn't always successful.  I'm curious about Photoshop Elements and Adobe Illustrator.

I would guess the objective is to photograph the art work and then print it so it is as close to the original as possible?

If that’s the case you don’t want anything that’s creative; I would suggest you download a trial of Photoshop Elements and try that. 

Photograph the artwork in RAW and fine tune in Adobe Camera Raw. 

Install Canon Print Studio Pro and use that as a plug-in in Elements to print.

Are you using a Canon camera? If so you could use the free Canon Digital Photo Professional software for processing and Pring Studio Pro for printing. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Correct.  I'd like to print directly to the card stock with the best color quality possible.

Thanks, that's a good suggestion re: Photoshop Elements.

I've had someone else photograph my work but would like to use my iPhone X.  Will have to experiment.  The iPhone now has a better lens than my digital camera.

Thanks very much for your help.  Your time is appreciated!

Announcements