cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Mac and Pro-100 Problem. Dark areas of photo prints out like a negative..in yellow and orang

terbald
Apprentice

I've setup my Pro-100 on my mac pro with mojave. I've been at this for nearly and week and the same results. The photos print out in detail in Lightroom however, the darks are like an old negative. They print out in lighter (yellow, orange, and red and white) colors. I have travelled down the gauntlet of iccs and still nothing but the same. Also, under Lightroom on the print page and page settings to the left, the dialog box is very limited as to what can be picked. I loaded the Canon IJ Network instead of Bonjour and USB Multifunction as some have done but still the limited dialog box. Any ideas? ThanksScreen Shot 2019-05-07 at 6.27.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-07 at 6.38.00 PM.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This appears to be a workflow issue and not something related to connectivity. 

Workflow being processed by LightRoom and Canon print driver, incorrect ICC profile, or paper type. 

The absence of Cyan also causes a yellow cast.  What happens when you print a test page?

I don't use LR so one of the LR guys here can probably help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 10.54.25 AM.png

There are no blacks or dark colors. Just pastel. 

Well according to Canon, this is a serious problem with the printer and printhead. Thanks

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi terbald,

I understand that your images are coming out as negatives. I also appreciate the nozzle check there seems to be an issue with the inks being pushed through the print heads. To troubleshoot this issue, start with Reseating the Print Head and performing two Cleanings followed by one Deep Cleaning. During the Cleaning and Deep Cleaning process, I encourage you to focus the process on Group 2 only.  

Click HERE for information on the Reseating on the Print Head.

Accessing Cleaning & Deep Cleaning

1. Click on the APPLE icon
  2. Click on SYSTEM PREFERENCES
  3. Click on PRINTERS & SCANNERS
  4. Click on CANON PRO-100
  5. Click on OPTIONS & SUPPLIES
  6. Click on UTILITIES
  7. Click on OPEN PRINTER UTILITIES

Once in the Printer Utility Cleaning and Deep Cleaning will be available. Perform 2 Cleanings and 1 Deep Cleaning of at minimum Group 2.

However, I would recommend troubleshooting with our support group to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Announcements