cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative printing suggestions for printing greeting cards on Pixma Pro 100?

kubricks_cube
Apprentice

I am currently using the Canon My Image Garden for template layouts for printing greeting cards (2 per 8.5x11" which I cut).

I purchased card stock from The Paper Mill website, but the prints come out faded or grainy. Right now on the My Image Garden program I am using the "Matte Photo Paper" setting, but have also tried "Plain Paper" - neither work great. I just purchased paper samples from Red River Paper in hopes that one of their products combined with their ICC profile helps resolve the issue.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to try to get better results? (for example: I know many artists print using customized settings using Photoshop, but it is not cost-effective for me to get a PS account)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Pro-100 is a dye printer - think colored water. If you are using uncoated paper the ink is going to be absorbed by the paper and spread, resulting in less sharp images. Put a small drop of water on the card stock and see what happens.

Red River Paper does have coated photo papers in greeting card sizes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The Pro-100 is a dye printer - think colored water. If you are using uncoated paper the ink is going to be absorbed by the paper and spread, resulting in less sharp images. Put a small drop of water on the card stock and see what happens.

Red River Paper does have coated photo papers in greeting card sizes.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements