cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9000 Pro Mark II - colors way off when printing on Glossy Paper

ijourneaux
Contributor

I have started trying to print photos on my printer. If I select plain paper, the print come out looking OK. Colors look fine and as good as you would expect for uncoated paper.  If I select glossy paper or anything other than normal paper, the print colors are way off. It looks like Blues and Greens are not printed. For instance. if I have a portrait of someone standing againt the blue ocean, the ocean background barely prints out and all that is there is a yellow hue.  Again is I select plain paper, the print looks ok.

A print nozzle check indicates no plugged nozzles.

What setting do I need to change to get good prints on glossy paper?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What paper are you using? What settings are you selecting?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John thanks for engaging. I should ahve thought to add those details.

To see the problem, all I have to do is select anything other than normal paper. For instance, if I use Photo Printing with Normal paper selected, the print colors seem to have normal colors but if I select Photo Printing with Glossy Photo Paper  the print has a terrible yellow hue. This isn't a subtle problem as you can see in the attached scanned image.  

The print nozzle test indicates no plugged nozzles. Color intensity is set to Auto. No effects are selected. I have tried making chages in the color matching tab but  nothing seems to impact the output. 

I am guessing that I am doing somthign wrong but I haven't stumbled across the solution.  I even tried removing and reinstlaling the printer driver with no change in behavior.

I appreciate any and all insights you might be able to offer.

Mobil1.jpg 

Hello. A few more questions. 

1. It looks like the whole image has a yellow overcast. Is that correct?

2.  What paper brand?

3.  What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Will be glad to answer any and all questions <grin>

Yes the yellow cast is across the entire image.

THis was just some generic glossy photo paper from Staples but the yellow cast is not a function of the paper. I have tried several different types of paper including the Canon SemiGloss and Luster paper.

I am printing from Paint.Net and just directly from windows and the results don't change, 

A thread somewhere indicaed that the color mapping could be being performed twice but I have not found any settings that looked abnormal

I don't have your model printer (I had the Pro-9000 and now have the Pro-100), but the driver setups are basically the same.

I downloaded a trial version of Paint.net.

Used Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster.

From the Print option in Paint.net I selected Options and set my printer up as shown in the attached screenshot. Important are the two underlined options that should be unchecked.

Annotation 2019-07-31 100636.jpg

Perfect print resulted.

If that doesn't work for you try giving Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

"A thread somewhere indicaed that the color mapping could be being performed twice but I have not found any settings that looked abnormal" This can sometimes happen when you have the spftware and the printer both try an manage color - its called "double profiling". Since I don't see an option in Paint.net for selecting a paper ICC profile I don't think that's your problem. If you were going to have the application control color then you would check the selection for color manual adjustment in the driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Finally getting back arounbd to trying to figur eout what is wrong with my Canon 9000 Pro Mark II. If I select anything other than plain paper, I get the image on the lower left. If I select plain paper, I get the image on the lower right where the teddy bear heads have different colors. The top half of the image has the nozzle test pattern which seems to indicate that the print head is working flawlessly. I haven't called Canon yet since I am way past support but I may try that next week. I just don't understand could be anything other than a setting somewhere but I haven't found it and I have tried many suggestions and guesses on my part.

IMG_0003.jpg

Announcements